- Information disclaimer
- Linking policy
- Endorsement disclaimer
- Copyright and trademark limitations
- Use of material from this site
- Unauthorized modifications
A. Information Disclaimer
By visiting this site, you understand and agree that the Morris County Elections site is provided "AS IS". The Morris County Elections makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information on this web site. The information contained herein is not official nor in any way shall it be deemed to constitute legal notice where such legal notice is required by law. The information contained in this site is provided as a service and convenience to people needing information about the Morris County Elections. Portions of the information on this site may be incorrect or not current. The Morris County Elections, its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of those materials.
B. Linking Policy
Links TO External Sites
The Morris County Elections site contains links to outside web sites. These web sites are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by the Morris County Board of Elections. These links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you, the visitor.
The Morris County Board of Elections, its officers or employees, exercise no control over the organizations, views, accuracy, copyright or trademark, compliance or the legality of the material contained in these outside web sites. The Morris County Elections, its officers or employees, do not sponsor, endorse, or approve the information, content, proceeds, materials, opinions or services contained on such outside web sites. The visitor proceeds to these outside web sites at his/her own risk. The Morris County Elections specifically disclaims any and all liability from damages, which may result from the accessing of a third-party site, which is linked to the Morris County Elections web site or from reliance upon only such information.
This policy governs the creation of implied or explicit links to external websites from images, notices, and other communications on any Morris County Elections website. Such links include:
- Hyperlinks activated by clicking on an image or text, leading to a web page that does not reside on a Morris County Elections website (explicit);
- Mention of a URL address providing users with the address of a web page that does not reside on a Morris County Elections website (implied), or;
- Any other explicit or implied facilitation of movement from a Morris County Elections website to another web page that does not reside on a Morris County Elections website.
The Morris County Board of Elections may establish links on its website to external sites, provided that each external site meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Other government agencies, including federal, state, county, regional, public schools, and special districts. Organizations that receive sponsorship from or with the County of Morris or State of New Jersey in the form of a financial grant, or a written contract by which the County provides services in collaboration with the organization to achieve a mutual goal related to the County's governmental purpose.
- Private or non-profit organizations that have a business relationship with the Federal, State, County or local governments and which support the mission of the Morris County Board of Elections.
- Organizations that rent or lease office space from the County of Morris.
- Local and regional economic development organizations that assist the County in promoting businesses throughout the County of Morris: the Chamber of Commerce, business district associations, and related sites.
- Local and regional organizations that assist the Morris County Board of Elections in anti-terrorism preparedness within the Morris County Board of Elections and the surrounding region, including but not limited to medical facilities, businesses, and non-profit organizations directly involved in provision of services.
- Sites providing directional and climatic information.
Other than links to other governmental agencies, all links to external sites must be approved by the Morris County Board of Elections director.
Links FROM External Sites
If you link to the Morris County Elections site, you must abide by the following practices:
- Link to, but do not replicate, our content;
- Do not create a browser or border environment around our content. Always open our site in a new window. Do not open our site in your frames;
- Do not imply our endorsement or your site or your products;
- Do not misrepresent your relationship with us;
- Do not use our logo on your site without express written permission;
- Your site must not contain content that could be considered illegal, distasteful or controversial, and should only contain content that correlates to Morris County Elections web site subject matter.
If you decide to link to us, we would like to know about it. Please contact the webmaster at Webmaster@MorrisElections.org.
C. Endorsement Disclaimer
Reference in this web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Morris County Board of Elections or its officers, employees or agents.
D. Copyright and Trademark Limitations
The Morris County Board of Elections makes no warranty that materials contained herein are free of copyright or trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of such material may be subject to copyright or trademark laws.
E. Use of material from this site
The Morris County Elections has made the content of these pages available to the public and anyone may view, copy or distribute Morris County Elections information found here without obligation to the Morris County Elections for non-commercial, personal use only, unless otherwise stated on particular material or information to which a restriction on free use may apply.
The design of this site, original graphics, and original content are all copyrighted by the County of Morris and may not be re-engineered, distributed, modified, transmitted, re-used, reposted, or duplicated without the express written permission of the County of Morris in each instance. All requests to use any part of the original design, code, graphics or content of this site should be made via e-mail to the webmaster at Webmaster@MorrisElections.org.
F. Unauthorized Modifications
Unauthorized attempts to modify or otherwise alter any information or image stored on the Morris County Elections web site may result in criminal prosecution.